TERMINAL COMPETENCY: The successful candidate would be able to:
||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)
OSH & Safety Practices:
- Fire Fighting in workplace & Precautions
- General Safety of Tools & Equipments
- Awareness on OSH related to the job& Maintenance
- Practice of 5S
- Fire Extinguishers & its Types
- Safely handling Tools & Equipments
- Use of proper Tools & Equipments & its maintenance
- OSH & practices to be observed as a precaution
- Awareness, concept & importance of 5S
Personnel & Material Safety:
- Select, use, clean and store personal safety protective equipment.
- Use and store of materials in a safe manner.
- Demonstrate the use of safety devices on Die Manufacturing.
- State the safety precaution specific to turning on the lathe
- Safety related to handling of materials, machines, press, devices.
- Safety devices used for safe Die Manufacturing.
- Familiarization with Die and punch and their application.
- Identification of different elements of die and punch assembly.
- Die inspection using measuring instruments.
- Die Quenching, Grinding and Finishing
- Die Mould Shop layout orientation
- Different types material handling equipments (EOT & Forklift) (He should have valid Driving/Operating license)
- Practical on Die manufacturing processes
- Practical on Die/Mould Defects, Causes & Remedies
- Practical on Basic Hand skills like Filing, hack sawing, drilling, drill sharpening, Countersinking/Counterboring/blind hole drilling, reaming, Int/Ext thread machining, use of Diamond needle files, etc
- Introduction to Die and punch and their application and importance in manufacturing.
- Die material and manufacturing of dies and tooling , Heat treatment processes &Different grade materials used for dies and tooling’s
- Die manufacturing process; CNC, HSM machines, EDM machines, cutting tools, graphite electrode grades.
- Die/Mould defects; cracks, mis- match, hold- up, under fill, etc.
- Theory on Basic Hand skills