|Name of Sector||Medical & Nursing||Name of Module||Inoculator|
|Entry Qualifications||Minimum 8th Standard||Duration||300 Hrs|
|Contents||Operation of Microbiologic equipments to culture various pathogenic micro-organisms.|
Successful candidates would be able to operate Microscope, Autoclave, Hot air Oven, incubator & prepare culture media used in microbiology. On completion of this module, the participants can be employed as Inoculator in Public/Private hospitals & clinics.
|Practical Competencies||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)|
1. Practices of safety methods & code of conduct.
2. Identification & operation of :
- Hot air oven.
3. Collection of specimen :
4. Preparation of specimen.
5. Procedure of inoculation.
6. Preparation of various culture media & Stains :
- ZN stain.
- Gram stain etc.
7. Staining procedures.
8. Identification & motility of bacteria.
9. Incineration procedure.
1. Principles of safety methods.
2. Definition, principle of operation, procedure, precautions & maintenance of :
- Hot air Oven.
3. Definition & morphology of bacteria.
4. Staining :
- Gram stain.
- Z – N stain.
- Giensa stain.
5. Types of media.
6. Cultural characteristics..
7. Methods of inoculation.
8. Principles of specimen collection.