|Name of Sector||Medical & Nursing||Name of Module||Pharmacy Assistant|
|Entry Qualifications||Minimum 10th Standard||Duration||180 Hrs|
|Contents||Identifying & arranging medicines and various equipments in pharmacy shop|
Successful candidates would be able to read the prescription, identify & arrange medicine in medicine shop, identify & use first aid equipments, give injections, book orders, operate sphygmomanometer etc. On completion of this module, the participants can be employed as Pharmacy Assistant in Public/Private hospital’s Pharmacy shop.
|Practical Competencies||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)|
1. Practice of safety & health hazard measures of drugs.
2. Practice of reading prescriptions.
3. Practice of reading the ingredients written on medicine..
4. Identifying the following :
- company wise draws/box of medicine.
- Batch number & expiry date of medicine
- OTC medicine & its use
- schedule H medicine from Prescription.
- restricted medicine from prescription & its storage.
- first aid equipments, its storage.
5. Application methods of different antiseptic creams & lotions.
6. Methods of bandaging.
7. Methods of injection pricking :
8. Keeping medicine in different racks of shop as per systems alphabetic order :
- OTC medicines.
- General medicine.
- Gynecological medicine.
9. Arranging medicine as per expiry date.
10. Stock taking of sold medicine to order new medicine from the vendor.
11. Booking order both manually & computerized from customer & vendor.
12. Distribution of booked order.
13. Preparing manual/computerized purchase order from vendors.
14. Preparing list of Wholesale cost price, retail price & selling price.
15. Keeping inventories.
16. Use of computer for store keeping with relevant software.
17. Operations of normal & digital sphygmomanometer.
18. Operations & use of stethoscope.
1. Principles of safety & health hazard measures of drugs.
2. Study of rules for :
- reading prescriptions.
- reading ingredients written on medicine.
- arranging companywise draws/box of medicine.
- identifying batch number & expiry date of medicine.
- first aid equipments & storage.
3. Definition of OTC, schedule H medicine, Restricted medicine & ethical medicine.
4. Rule of issuing medicine & necessary check points.
5. Definition of antiseptic & cosmetic creams/lotions.
6. Principles of sterilization of first aid equipments.
7. General principles of injection, sterilization & cleanliness of syringe & other tools used during injection.
8. Types of injection pricking & precautions taken care during injection pricking.
9. Bandaging & its various types.
10. Procedures of the following :
- Keeping medicine in systematic way
- maintaining stock ledger for availability of medicine.
- maintaining data as per the expiry date of medicine.
- maintaining sale register after everyday distribution of medicine.
- placing purchase order as per requirement.
- calculating purchase price & setting the sale price.
11. Basic computer applications (Microsoft office).
12. Blood pressure :
- Normal values.
- precautions while measuring & handling of sphygmomanometer.
13. Various parts & use of Stethoscope.