- Basic keyboard operations of computer and operation of other standard office equipment.
- Techniques, system and methods for interpreting, encoding medical records.
- Maintain records and compile statistics for research.
- Interpret medical records to assign diagnostic codes and prepare medical record abstracts.
- Evaluate the quality, completeness and accuracy of medical records.
- Practice on, data processing, data base management.
- Basics of Computer
- Basic medical terminology.
- Government, hospital, and Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards for medical records.
- Healthcare insurance reimbursement programs
- Knowledge of Medical law
- Knowledge of notifying diseases.
- Knowledge of, data processing, data base management.
- Basics on Medical terminology.