|Name of Sector||Medical & Nursing||Name of Module||Health Care Multipurpose Worker|
|Entry Qualifications||10th Standard||Duration||450Hrs (75 Days)|
|Age||18 years and above|
Successful candidates would be able to 1) Read the prescription, 2) Identify medicines in store, 3) Identify & use first aid equipments, 4) Administer injections, book orders, operate sphygmomanometer etc. 5) I/M injection, Setting up I/V line, Oxygen inhalation, and use of Nebulizer. They can be employed as Pharmacy Assistant, ward assistant, dresser in a dispensary and in a Hospital.
|Practical Competencies||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)|
1. Practice of safety & health hazard measures of drugs.
2. Practice of reading prescriptions.
3. Practice of reading the ingredients written on medicine.
4. Identifying the following:
- company wise draws/box of medicine.
- Batch number & expiry date of medicine
- OTC medicine and its use
- Schedule H medicine from Prescription.
- Restricted medicine from presentation & its storage.
- First aid equipments, its storage.
5. Application methods of different antiseptic creams & lotions.
6. Methods of Bandaging
7. Methods of injection pricking:
8. Keeping medicines in different racks of shops as per systems/ alphabetic orders:
- OTC medicines
- General medicine.
- Gynecological medicine.
9. Arranging medicines as per expiry date
10. Stock taking and sold medicine to order new medicine from the vendor.
11. Booking order both manually & computerized from customer & vendor.
12. Distribution of booked order
13. Preparing manual/computerized purchase order from vendors.
14. Preparing list of Wholesale cost price, retail price & selling price.
15. Keeping inventories
16. Use of computer for store keeping with relevant software.
17. Operations and use of stethoscope.
18. Knowledge of Ayush.
1. Principles of safety &health hazard measures of drugs.
2. study of rules for:
-reading ingredients written on medicine.
-arranging company wise draws/box of medicine.
-identifying batch number & expiry date of medicine
-first aid equipments & storage.
3. Definition of OTC, schedule H medicine, Restricted medicine & ethical medicine.
4. Rule of issuing medicine & necessary check points.
5. Definition of antiseptic & cosmetic creams/ Lotions.
6. Principles of sterilization of first aid equipments.
7. General principles of injection, sterilization & cleanliness of syringe & other tools used during injection.
8. Types of injection pricking & precautions taken care during injection pricking.
9. Bandaging & its various types, Dressing and Splinting ( Handling of injured patient, Knowledge of first aid)
10.Procedures of the following:
- Keeping medicine in systematic way
- maintaining stock ledger for availability of medicine.
- maintaining data as per the expiry date of medicine.
- maintaining sale register after everyday distribution of medicine.
- placing purchase order as per requirement.
- calculating purchase price & setting the sale price
11. Basic computer applications (Microsoft office)
12. Blood pressure:
- Normal value
- Precautions while measuring and handling of sphygmomanometer.
13. Various parts & use of Stethoscope.