|Name of Sector||Medical & Nursing||Name of Module||Dresser|
|Entry Qualifications||Minimum 10th Standard & MED102||Duration||270 Hrs|
|Contents||Bandaging, Dressing & Stitching of wound to assist surgeon and physician|
Successful candidates would be able to do bandaging, stitching, injection pricking, I.V infusion, dressing of wounds, cleaning of stomach etc to assist the Surgeon/Physician. On completion of this module, the participant can be employed as Dresser in Public/Private hospital & clinics.
|Practical Competencies||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)|
1. Practice of safety & health hazards measures.
2. Practice of aseptic surgical procedures :
- Theatre dressing.
- Hand washing prior to surgery.
3. Practice of sterilization of surgical articles.
4. Practice of Dressing :
- Dry gauze dressing.
- Wet dressing
- Pressure dressing
- Transparent dressing.
5. Preparation of patient for wound dressing.
6. Practice of injection methods :
- Sub dermal.
7. Practice of bandaging procedures.
8. Practice of skin stitching procedures.
9. Practice of stomach cleaning methods.
1. Principles of of safety & health hazards measures.
2. Principles & various steps taken in surgical aseptic procedures.
3. Principles & various methods of sterilization :
- Dry heat sterilization.
4. Control of infection.
5. Wound :
- Wound healing process.
- Symptoms of wound infection.
- Stages of wound healing.
- Factors affecting wound healing.
- Complications of wound healing.
- Purposes of wound care.
6. Dressing :
- Purposes of dressing.
- Guidelines for wound dressing.
- Procedure of wound dressing.
- Steps taken & reasons for preparation of Patient.
7. Principles of injection methods :
- Sub dermal.
8. Principles of various types of bandaging.
9. Guidelines for skin stitching.
10. Procedure & precautions of I.V infusion.
11. Procedure & precautions of stomach cleaning.