|Name of Sector||Medical & Nursing||Name of Module||Midwifery Assistant|
|Entry Qualifications||Minimum 10th Standard & MED102||Duration||200 Hrs|
|Contents||Care for Maternity Patients|
Successful candidates would be able to take care of maternity patients. On completion of this module, the participants can be employed as Midwifery Assistant in Public/Private hospitals & clinics.
|Practical Competencies||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)|
1 Practice of safety & health hazards measures.
2. Operation of sterilizer.
3. Care for the maternity patients :
- Check for risk conditions.
- Check for danger signs during pregnancy.
- Methods of examinations of mother in Labor.
- Methods of prevention of problems During 1st stage of labor.
- Practice of safe & easier birth procedures.
- Check for risk signs at 2nd stage of labor.
- Practice of Nursing care in 3rd stage of Labor.
- Practice of nursing care of mother in First 6 hrs after birth.
- Practice of Nursing care of baby in first 6 hrs after birth.
4. What to do in emergency while waiting for help.
1. Principles of safety & health hazards measures.
2. Principles of working & uses of sterilizer.
3. Principles of care for the maternity patients :
- Risk conditions in pregnancy.
- Danger signs during pregnancy.
- Stages of labor..
- Normal labor/labor with risk signs..
- Examination of mother in labor.
- Methods of preventions of problems during 1st stage of labor.
- Safe & easier birth procedures.
- Risk signs during birth at 2nd stage of labor.
- Nursing care in 3rd stage of labor.
- Nursing care of mother in first 6 hrs after Birth.
- Nursing care of baby in first 6 hrs after birth
4. Principles of emergency care.