|Name of Sector||Medical & Nursing||Name of Module||Operation Theatre Technician|
|Entry Qualifications||Minimum 10th Standard & MED102||Duration||270 Hrs|
|Contents||Operation of equipments in operation theatre to assist surgeon.|
Successful Candidates would be able to operate Boils operator, suction apparatus, ventilator, O.T Table, Oxygen cylinder etc to assist surgeons. On completion of this module, the participants can be Employed as Operation Theatre Technician in public /Private Hospitals & Clinics.
|Practical Competencies||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)|
1. Practice of safety & health hazard measures
2. Code of conduct in operation theatre
3. Preparation of Trolley for surgery
4. Preparation of patients for surgery
5. Sterilization of operation theatre & surgical instruments
6. Identification & operation of:
7. Practice of patients transfer / Shifting
8. Practice of injection methods:
9. Practice of stitching skin
1. Principles of safety & health hazard measures.
2. Principles of code of conduct for O.T technician.
3. List of instruments for the preparation of Trolley
4. Indication , contraindication & dangers of Surgery
5. methods of preparation of patients for surgery
6. Principles of sterilization
7. Principles , Indication & Contraindications of:
8.Principles of safe transfer of patients
9. Principles, safety & precaution of injection methods:
10. Procedure of skin stitching.