||Underpinning Knowledge (Theory)
Pathology (140 Hrs)
- Techniques and labeling of the sample Preparation of anticoagulants
- RBC, WBC, platelet count, CBC and complete Haemograme.
- ESR stands & ESR estimation
- PCV & calculation of RBC indices
- Urine - Physical Examination & Chemical Examination
- Blood Collection procedure
- Precaution and smearing
- Chemicals used in different types of tests.
- Hb estimation by different methods
- Stool, Biological fluids examination.
- Knowledge on Vacotainer.
MICROBILOGY (150 Hrs)
- Cleaning and care of glassware, syringes, apparatus, preparation of Pasteur Pipettes.
- Handling and care of Microscope
- Operation of Autoclave, Incubator, waterbath, seitzfilter
- Preparation of various Media
- Preparation of stains and smears
- Lab instructions for Personal Safety precaution'
- Receipt and recording a specimen in the lab and dispatch of specimen
- Methods of collection of microbiology specimen-and its importance and processing.
BID-CHEMISTRY (160 Hrs)
- Collection of Capillary blood
- Collection of Venous blood
- Separation of Serum from clotted blood
- Separation of plasma from blood
- Preparation of protein free blood filtrate
- Lab glass ware
iii. Care and Maintenance
- Lab instruments
iii. Photo Electric colorimeter
- Preparation of
i. Percentage solutions
ii. Normal solutions
- Reception and registration procedure.
- Understanding of blood related terms
i. Capillary blood
ii. Venous blood
iii. Serum, Plasma, Protein
iv. Clotted blood
- Collection procedures of Blood
- Knowledge on different types of lab instruments.
- Qualitative identification tests of sugars
- Qualitative identification tests of proteins
- Quantitative determination of Blood sugar
- Glucose Tolerance test
- Quantitative determination of Blood urea
- Quantitative determination of Serum creatinine
- Quantitative determination of Urine Sugar